Manchester bit-encoder/decoder pair. Ideal for the transmission of serial data at up to 20 Mbps on low-cost FPGAs and SoCs. DC-balanced encoding scheme suitable for single-ended or differential transmission lines with AC-coupling. Features internal FIR pulse-shaping filters for optimum noise immunity.
Key Design Features
- Separate Encoder/Decoder pair
- DC-balanced encoding suitable for AC-coupling
- Ideal for twisted pair or coaxial transmission lines
- Internal gaussian pulse-shaping filters for optimum SNR
- Standard bitrate settings of 5, 10, 15 or 20 Mbps (low-cost FPGAs)
- Optional support for bit rates of 50+ Mbps on higher-end FPGAs
- Simple implementation
- Very low resource use
- Portable design
- Applications requiring low-to-medium serial bandwidth
- Industrial/Scientific/Medical/Automotive control systems
- Implementation of robust serial links on low cost devices
e.g. RS-232, RS-422, RS-485, etc.