Function calculates the Sine and Cosine of input x in radians. Inputs are 18-bit signed values in the range -Pi to Pi. Output values are 17-bit signed in the range -1 to 1. Ideal for the generation of quadrature signals in DSP and digital comms applications.
Key Design Features
- Combined function y = sin(x), y = cos(x)
- Input range between -Pi and Pi radians
- Output range between -1 and 1
- Input values as 18-bit signed
- Output values as 17-bit signed
- Accurate to within 0.00017
- Small implementation size
- High-speed fully pipelined architecture
- 5 clock-cycle latency
- Fixed-point mathematics
- Quadrature signal generation in digital comms
- Cheaper than a CORDIC solution of similar spec.