Insert 2D-bitmap graphics over 24-bit RGB video. Similar to the text-overlay module with modified functionality suited to more graphics intensive work. Supports fully alpha-blended bitmaps with 3-bits/pixel and a programmable palette of 8 colours. Easy uP interfacing with I2C, SPI or UART options.
Key Design Features
- 2D-bitmap overlays on 24-bit RGB video
- Tile-based architecture with choice of tile sizes
- Supports video resolutions up to 4096x4096
- Programmable graphics-window size and position
- 3 bit-planes offering 8 colours per pixel
- Programmable 8-bit alpha transparency
- Programmable palette of 8 x 24-bit colours
- Independent horizontal and vertical scrolling
- Smooth anti-aliased curves and lines
- No complex graphics programming required
- Easily integrates with all Zipcores Video IP
- Small implementation size ideal for FPGA
- No frame buffer required
- Digital TV and home-media solutions
- Simple animated bitmap graphics
- H/W 'sprites', pointers and cursors
- Interactive guides, menus, tables, lists etc.
- Instrumentation/monitoring applications
- Animated gauges, charts, dials, meters, counters, HUDs etc.